Mission and Vision Statements
The mission of SMS is to foster student-centered and standard-based programs designed to meet the academic, personal and social needs of the middle grade student, giving each the opportunity to experience success.
In partnership with families and the community, Silverado Middle School staff envisions a positive and innovative middle school environment. An ever-evolving, standards-based curriculum, will guide our differentiated educational programs. Current technologies and time-tested strategies will be utilized to meet the needs of a culturally and academically diverse student population. We will strive to provide students with meaningful, real world opportunities to develop effective interpersonal communication skills, and become global, critical thinkers.
Silverado Middle School
Award winning Silverado Middle School, home of the Bears, opened in 1999 as part of the Dry Creek Joint Elementary School District.
- Received the “Award of Merit” for excellence in design in 1998. Presented by The American Institute of Architects, California Council
- Designated as a California School to Watch – Taking Center Stage 2003
- Distinguished School Award 2003
- Re-designated as a California School to Watch – Taking Center Stage 2006
- Re-designated as a California School to Watch – Taking Center Stage 2009
- Re-designated as a California School to Watch – Taking Center Stage 2012
- Re-designated as a California School to Watch – Taking Center Stage 2013
- Re-designated as a California School to Watch – Taking Center Stage 2014
Steeped in a rich tradition of excellence, Dry Creek Joint Elementary School District (DCJESD) has been serving students and families for nearly 140-years. What makes our District special is the partnership between families, community, and educators - each committed to preparing students to become active and responsible citizens in a diverse society.
Our award-winning elementary school campuses value diverse learning styles, provide rich experiences for all learners, and nurture self-esteem, character development, and lifelong learning. Focusing on the whole child, our talented and dedicated staff provides a caring, engaging and challenging educational experience for every student, every day.
Our highly acclaimed K-8 and middle school campuses are uniquely designed to support the physical, social and emotional needs of our young preteens, and teenagers and offer courses that support an exciting and vibrant environment offering hands-on learning with state-of-the-art technology.
Click HERE for more information on each of our school sites.
The Dry Creek Joint Elementary School District is located in the family-oriented, suburban areas of Roseville and Antelope in Northern California. Located within 20 miles of downtown Sacramento and around 100 miles from Northern California jewels such as San Francisco, Napa Valley, and Lake Tahoe, our area offers an abundance of recreational activities and one of the most pleasant climates in the country.