Sports participation at Silverado
The Silverado Athletic Department would like to welcome you to the Dry Creek Joint Elementary School District Athletic Program. We are excited to have you as an integral part of our program.
All students who participate as athletes will be required to have a current physical on file in order to participate.
Physicals are good for all 3 years at Silverado.
A completed Athletic Packet with updated student information is good for one school year. This must be filled out for the first sport each year. If you have already submitted a physical for the first sport, you can just write "On File" across the physical form page for any additional sport in which you participate. After this packet has been filled out for the year, the only form needed for additional sports is a VAC form (see below).
VAC forms are needed for each sport. The Voluntary Athletic Contribution form is needed for each sport that your student participates in. This is the financial side of our sports program and we ask that you turn this form in whether you are contributing or not. This information is kept confidential and does not affect the playing time in the sport of the student. You can print just this form from our website or get one from the office or coach.
Academic and Behavior Eligibility
Students must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 grading scale with no F’s during the grading period in order to sign up, try out, and participate in all sports.
Grade Check Dates
· Cross Country T1 Progress Report
· Girl’s Volleyball T1 Progress Report
· Flag Football T1 Progress Report
· Boy’s Basketball T1 Report Card
· Wrestling T2 Progress Report
· Girl’s Basketball T2 Progress Report
· Boy’s Volleyball T2 Report Card
· Track and Field T2 Report Card
· Students also must have a minimum of 90 points on the school wide point system in order to sign up, try out, and participate in all sports.
· Students must maintain the 90 point requirement throughout the season. Coaches will check students’ behavior points during the season to determine eligibility. If a student drops below 90 points they will have one week to make up the points by completing “Overtime Hours.” During the period of a student having less than 90 points, students will be able to practice with the team; however, they will not be able to participate in athletic events. If the student improves their points and meets the behavior requirements then they will be “readmitted” to the team and will be able to participate fully.
· If a student drops below 90 points a second time during the sport season then they will be excused from the team for the rest of the season.
Locations and dates may change. Please contact the coaches or athletic directors for more updated information.
After-School Sports Schedules
All after-school sports games begin at 4:00pm, unless otherwise noted.