Click on the following links to redirect to your Google Classroom:
No news posted
Ramen Noodle Salad
1 half head of cabbage, chopped
¼ head of red cabbage, chopped
1 package ramen noodles, raw and crushed
½ cup sunflower seeds
1 carrot, shredded
½ cup oil
¼ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup sugar
Ramen seasoning packet
In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, crushed noodles and sunflower kernels and the crushed ramen noodles
In a small bowl, mix seasoning packet, oil, vinegar and sugar together.
Mix all together and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Enjoy.
Red Beans and Rice Recipe from cooks.com
PAM non-stick spray
½ medium green pepper, chopped
½ medium onion, chopped
1 can (14 ½ oz.) beef broth
1 can (15 ½ oz.) red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
2 cups Minute White Rice, uncooked
Kielbasa (or other) sausage
Optional --Hot pepper sauce
Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray. Over medium heat, cook bell peppers and onions, and sausage. Cook and stir until crisp-tender.
Add broth, beans, and Cajun seasoning, stir. Bring to boil.
Stir in rice; cover. Remove pan from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Serve with hot pepper sauce, if desired.
- Serving suggestion: To turn this dish into a quick meal, add 2 cups diced ham or cooked sausage at the same time as the broth.
Spaghetti and Sauce
Fill large pot about half way with water.
Turn stove burner on to HIGH. Place a lid on the pot and bring water to a boil.
Place spaghetti noodles in the water, and stir occasionally.
Heat up sauce, on another burner, MEDIUM heat.
When noodles are soft, about 10 minutes, drain water.
- Mix noodles and sauce together, or invite diners to help themselves.
Super Easy Hummus
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
2 drops sesame oil, or to taste (optional)
Blend garbanzo beans, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and sesame oil in a food processor (or blender); stream reserved bean liquid into the mixture as it blends until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spoon mixture out and enjoy with veggies, pita chips, etc.
Chex Vanilla Muddy Buddies
4 ½ cups Vanilla Chex cereal
½ cup white chocolate chips
2 tablespoon butter
½ teaspoon pure vanilla
¾ cups powdered sugar
Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
In 1-quart microwaveable bowl, microwave chips and butter uncovered on high for 30 seconds; stir and microwave about 10 seconds longer, or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
Stir in vanilla.
Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
Pour into a gallon zip-lock type plastic bag.
Add powdered sugar; seal bag. Shake until well-coated. Enjoy.
To store for later, spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Additional ingredients-OPTIONAL--try one or more for different flavors:
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, chopped walnuts or peanuts, tiny toffee or mint chips, crushed peppermint candies
1 tortilla per person Large frying pan
1 egg per person Whisk
¼ cup water Small bowl
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese Knife and cutting board
one whole green onion Spatula
½ pepper (diced) Measuring cups
Salt and pepper to taste
Salsa or hot sauce-optional
Dice green onion and pepper
Spray your frying pan with PAM. Turn on medium heat.
Cook peppers for 2-3 minutes.
Crack eggs into a bowl. Add water. Beat together with a whisk.
Pour into fry pan with peppers. Sprinkle onions on top.
Stir as this cooks. Cook until eggs are firm.
Spoon egg mixture onto tortilla. Sprinkle on cheese.
Add salsa or hot sauce if desired and roll tortilla.
Eat and enjoy.
Pam spray 1 flour tortilla ¼ cup grated cheese Salsa Canned chicken-optional
- Spray your frying pan with Pam.
- Set the tortilla in the pan and sprinkle half of it with the grated cheese. Add a small amount of canned chicken, if desired.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until the tortilla browns. Then, use a spatula to flip the tortilla over. Cook until warm.
If you want, you can dip the quesadilla in salsa. Eat and enjoy
½ French roll ¼ cup pizza sauce 1 slice cheese Pepperoni-optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice open French roll. Spread sauce on both sides Place one slice of cheese on each side of bread
Add pepperoni on top if desired. Place on cookie sheet. Cook 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted
Monkey Bread--It’s so easy, even a monkey can do it!
Refrigerated Biscuit Dough (10) ¼ cup melted butter or margarine ¼ cup sugar ¼ cup brown sugar ¾ tsp. Cinnamon
Put the butter (or margarine) in a small bowl and melt it in the microwave. Mix the sugars and the cinnamon together in a small dish or bowl.
Dip a biscuit into the melted butter, and then into the sugar/cinnamon mixture, coating all sides. Place the coated biscuits into a pie plate or small square pan. Bake according to the package directions, usually 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees. Let cool slightly before removing from the pan.
Two Ingredient Cookies Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Ingredients: 2 large old bananas
1 cup of oats (quick or regular! if you use regular, we’d suggest chopping them a little so everything holds together better)
Mix those two together. Old bananas are amazing for this, but you can use fresh ones too. Then add in what sounds yummy to you! (or nothing!) We love:
-a handful of chocolate chips -crushed walnut pieces
Since all bananas are different sizes, the needed measurements can vary. If it seems too runny and the cookies would flatten out too much, add in more oatmeal. And make sure to not add in TOO many mix-ins as the cookies won’t hold together very well.
Makes approx. 16 cookies. Cook at 350 degrees for 15 minutes on a GREASED cookie sheet. Don’t forget the greased part…. I did once and had to scrub my pan forever.
1lb. ground beef or turkey 1 packet taco seasoning 1 medium tomato, diced
1 cup shredded lettuce Shredded cheese Taco shells and/or soft taco tortillas Optional: Slice ripe olives, sour cream,salsa
In a pan, crumble and brown ground beef or turkey. Drain and add seasoning and water according to directions on packet. Heat and set aside. Heat taco shells or tortillas according to directions. Layer with tomato, lettuce, olives, cheese, sour cream, salsa, etc…
Chex Muddy Buddies
9 cups Chex cereal 1 cup chocolate chips 1/2 cup peanut butter 4 Tbsp. butter 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
Directions: Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside. Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 1 minute, stir. Microwave 30 seconds more until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal in bowl until evenly coated. Pour into large plastic bag; add powdered sugar. Seal bag and shake well. Enjoy. Makes nine 1-cup servings.
OODLES OF NOODLES
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth (+ water as needed) 1 oz dried vermicelli per person ¾ cup fresh or frozen peas
½ cup diced firm tofu (or more if desired 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Pour the vegetable or chicken broth into the large saucepan, cover, and set over high heat. Add water as needed to fill the pan about half way. Bring the broth to a boil. When it boils, reduce the heat to medium.
- Remove the lid. Add the vermicelli and peas. Simmer, uncovered, stirring frequently with the wooden spoon to keep the pasta from sticking together, for 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu and continue to simmer until the noodles are al dente (tender but still firm to the bite) and the peas are tender, about 2 minutes longer. To test, using the slotted spoon, scoop out a few noodles and a few peas. Set them on the cutting board to cool for a few seconds. Taste them. If they are tender, they are done.
- Using the pot holder, carefully remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the chives and sesame oil. Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately.
Quick and Easy Salsa With Black Beans and Corn
Ingredients: 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes 1 jalapeno, finely diced
1/2 red onion, finely diced 2 tablespoons lime juice, about 1 small lime 1/2 teaspoon cumin
2-3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup corn
Directions: In a medium bowl, mix together the tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, cumin and cilantro, beans and corn. Refrigerate at least an hour and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with chips or vegetables or whatever pleases you.
Ingredients: 2 C. fresh or frozen fruit 1 C. non-fat plain frozen yogurt, ice cream, yogurt, or greek yogurt
1 C. juice (orange, apple, cranberry( 1 Banana
1 C. ice-adjust amount of ice as you prefer
Directions: Prepare fresh fruits by slicing, getting rid of unwanted parts (seeds, peels). Place all ingredients into the blender. Blend until desired thickness. Add ice if desired. Enjoy.
Ingredients: 2 C. all-purpose flour 4 eggs 1 C milk
1 C water 1/2 teaspoon. salt 4 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; whisk until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled (or use spray PAM) griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approx. 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
3. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
Makes about 8 crepes. Fillings: your choice, jelly, fresh fruit, berries, cinnamon, powered sugar, chocolate chips, whipped cream, etc....